Rajnath Warns Of Chinese Intent
New Delhi: Defence Minister Rajnath Singh, on Wednesday, asked Army leadership to be wary of Chinese actions at disputed borders and their intent during military talks. The minister said this while addressing the Army Commanders Conference,’ an apex biannual event that formulates important policy decisions through collegiate deliberations.
Singh’s remarks come at a time when India and China are locked in a bitter standoff along the Line of Actual Control. While the two sides have held several rounds of military-level talks along the LAC, the discussions have yielded no outcome so far.
Citing sources privy to Singh’s address, news agency IANS reported that Singh pointed out that talks should be held honestly and in an atmosphere of trust to reach a solution. “Addressed the Army Commanders’ Conference in New Delhi today. I’m extremely proud of the initiatives undertaken by the Indian Army in the current security environment,” Singh said in a tweet.
The US backs India against Chinese aggression
“We will leave no stone unturned to strengthen the arms of our Armed forces… The Indian Army has been successful in addressing several challenges to the security and sovereignty of this country since Independence… Be it the problem of terrorism, insurgency or any external attack, the Army has played a significant role in neutralising those threats,” he further added.
Chinese aggression and ongoing developments along the LAC were deliberated upon during the Army Commanders’ Conference. The larger issue pertaining to Chinese expansionism in the Indo-Pacific region was also discussed during the US-India 2+2 dialogue that took place on Tuesday.
On Tuesday, Rajnath held meetings with his US counterpart under the 2+2 dialogue and said that India was challenged by Chinese “reckless aggression” on northern borders.
Courtesy – TimesNowNews