Connecting Regions of Asia.

Stalemate in Ladakh continues as China blames India for ‘unreasonable demands’ after Corps Commander level talks

12

[ad_1]

The 13th round of talks between India and China ended on Sunday as the stalemate continues in eastern Ladakh. The Indian Army in a statement said that the Indian side made “constructive suggestions for resolving the remaining areas but the Chinese side was not agreeable.” 

India is insisting China for third phase disengagement from Pangong Tso, Galwan, and Gogra, where buffer zones have been created while China is insisting on disengagement from the Hot Springs area where a similar buffer zone has been created. 

The Indian Army said, “During the meeting, the Indian side, therefore, made constructive suggestions for resolving the remaining areas but the Chinese side was not agreeable and also could not provide any forward-looking proposals. The meeting thus did not result in resolution of the remaining areas.” 

India, in the 13th round of talks at Corps Commander level, reiterated that the situation along the LAC had been caused by unilateral attempts by China to alter the status quo, violating the bilateral agreements. 

Meanwhile, China has said that India’s demands are “unreasonable and unrealistic”.

“India insists on unreasonable and unrealistic demands, adding difficulties to the negotiations,” China said. 

China is firm in its resolve to safeguard national sovereignty, the People’s Liberation Army spokesperson said, adding that he hoped the Indian side should avoid misjudging the situation. India should cherish the hard-won situation in the China-India border areas, the PLA spokesperson said.

“The Indian side should abide by the relevant agreements and consensus reached between the two countries and two militaries, show sincerity, and take concrete actions to jointly safeguard peace and stability in the border areas with China,” the spokesperson added.

India, on a resolution of the remaining friction points, said it is necessary for China to “take appropriate steps in the remaining areas so as to restore peace and tranquillity along the LAC in the western sector.”

The statement further said that this would also be in accord with the guidance provided by the two foreign ministers in their recent meeting in Dushanbe, where the two had agreed to resolve the remaining issues at the earliest.

“The Indian side emphasised such resolution of the remaining areas would facilitate progress in the bilateral relations,” it said.

The statement added, “It is our expectation that the Chinese side will take into account the overall perspective of bilateral relations and will work towards early resolution of the remaining issues while fully abiding by bilateral agreements and protocols.”

[ad_2]
Courtesy – www.dnaindia.com

Get real time updates directly on you device, subscribe now.

Leave A Reply

Your email address will not be published.

This website uses cookies to improve your experience. We'll assume you're ok with this, but you can opt-out if you wish. Accept Read More